Beginning July 24th, you can use our secure mobile app, Mobiliti™ to make your deposit!
Make a deposit from your phone or tablet by following these easy steps:
- Endorse the check you will be depositing with your name and “For QB Mobile Deposit Only”. (This endorsement is required for the mobile deposit).
- Open your Queenstown Bank app, select "Deposit Check", choose the account to make your deposit, and carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks and take a photo of the front of the check. Photograph the check against a background that gives you strong contrast. Also, ensure the whole check is visible, in focus, and well lit. If it’s clear, accept it.
- Repeat this process for the back of the check.
- Once both images have been captured, select next to continue.
- Review your deposit and if correct, confirm it.
To view the Mobile Deposit tutorial on our online Education Center page, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Deposit
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a convenient way to deposit funds with Queenstown Bank and is available to Queenstown Bank customers with our mobile banking application, Mobiliti, available in the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores. Mobile Deposit enables you to deposit checks directly into your account(s) by taking a picture of a check using your smartphone or tablet.
What are the benefits of using Mobile Deposit?
Convenience! Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit a check(s) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere. However, Mobile Deposit may not be the fastest way to access funds from your deposit. If you need quicker access to your funds, you may want to visit one of our office locations during business hours.
What mobile devices are supported?
Mobile Deposit is currently available for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Who can use Mobile Deposit?
Queenstown Bank customers who are enrolled in mobile banking, maintain an eligible personal checking or savings account, have downloaded the Mobiliti app and have accepted Queenstown Bank’s Mobile Deposit Agreement are eligible. Enrollment is not guaranteed as some restrictions may apply.
Is there a cost to use Mobile Deposit?
Currently, there is no charge for Mobile Deposit. We may assess fees or charges in the future, and you will receive notice of such fees or charges, as required by law.
Are there limits for deposits through Mobile Deposit?
The limit for Mobile Deposits is $2,500 per day.
What types of checks can I deposit through Mobile Deposit?
Personal and business checks payable in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank and payable to you can be deposited.
Checks that cannot be deposited using Mobile Deposit include:
- Money Orders
- Charge Card Convenience Checks
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Checks that are payable to another person other than the Deposit Account owner (third party checks)
- Foreign checks and those payable in a foreign currency
- Checks that are not dated, post-dated, or more than six months old
- Checks that were previously deposited and returned unpaid
- Checks in excess of $2,500
- Checks drawn on the Bank account to which you are depositing
- Checks made payable to CASH
- Checks that have been altered, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks that are payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees and endorsed by all payees
- Substitute Checks (as defined in the Check 21 Act)
- Checks or items on which a stop payment has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds
- Government issued checks
- Cashier checks, official checks, or traveler’s checks
- Checks authorized over the phone and created remotely
When will I see the deposit into my account and when will my funds be available?
If you submit a deposit to us on a business day we are open, before 3:00 p.m. EST, the deposit will be processed that business day. Deposits made after 3:00 p.m. EST will be processed the next business day. Every day is a business day except for Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
Deposits are subject to verification and will not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits made using Mobile Deposit are not subject to funds availability requirements of Regulation CC. Funds deposited using Mobile Deposit will generally be available within 2 business days from the day of deposit. However, availability of funds deposited may be delayed for a longer period under certain circumstances. If a hold is placed on a deposit made through the Mobile Deposit system, you will be notified of the delay in availability of your funds.
Should I endorse my check and do I need a deposit slip?
Yes. Endorse the back of the check by writing your name as written on the front of the check, and “For QB Mobile Deposit Only” NOTE: Deposits may be rejected if not endorsed properly. There is no need for a deposit slip.
How will I know when my deposit is complete?
You can check the status of your deposit by tapping “Check Deposit History” in Mobiliti Mobile Deposit menu. The system will indicate whether the deposit has been accepted, rejected or is pending.
What should I do with the check after it has been deposited into my account?
When you confirm your deposit has been accepted, we suggest that you write on the front of the check: “Mobile Deposit” and the date of the deposit. Securely store the paper check until you view the deposit on your Online Banking account transaction history or on your statement. After 14 days, you are required to destroy the check by properly shredding the item.
Are check images saved on my device?
Check images are never saved on your smartphone or tablet. The images are securely transmitted to the bank in which the check is drawn, and digitally stored at the bank in accordance with the Check 21 Act, which allows financial institutions to process checks electronically.
What if I accidentally deposit the same check twice?
A check can only be accepted for deposit one time. Mobile Deposit has a duplicate detection tool that will alert you if you attempt to deposit an item twice. To help avoid any confusion, write Mobile Deposit and the date on the front of the check after you submit it for deposit. If you are concerned about a deposit you have submitted, please call any of our offices.
Can I deposit more than one check at a time?
You can deposit multiple checks in the same Mobile Deposit session; however, you may only photograph and submit one check at a time.
How can I ensure that the check images I take will be high quality?
When capturing the image, please:
- Place check on flat, dark-colored surface in a well-lit area
- Position device’s camera over check to minimize angles, glare and shadows
- Align the check with the four corners of the guide image, and not the corners of your screen
- Avoid objects and clutter around the check
- Hold the device steady
What if the check image I photographed is bad?
You have the option to retake photographs of the check before submitting or you may cancel the deposit. Also, the system will notify you if the image is unclear for processing. If you are unable to photograph a clear image, please bring your deposit to one of our branches for processing.
Which accounts can I use to make deposits?
You are able to deposit checks into your Queenstown Bank checking or savings accounts that have been enrolled in Mobiliti.
Who should I call if I have questions or need assistance?
Please contact any of our Queenstown Bank offices for assistance or contact the Operations Department at 410-827-8881.